Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

goodbye apartment...

tonight is my last night in our tiny little apartment.  the movers are coming to pack on wednesday and i'm moving into my moms tomorrow so i can have everything ready for wednesday.  i'll admit i'm a little sad.  it may be super tiny and way cramped for a family of three, but it has been my home for the last 4 years.

i had just graduated from BYU in april of 2008... my cousin had just moved out of the apartment and my grandpa told me i could take it next.  the nicest thing at that time was i was able to keep my independence of not living at home, but still be so close to family as it was in grandpa's backyard and just down the street from my mom.  when i first moved in i had no furniture... random pieces from all over... a futon from my sis... old bed and dresser from grandpa .. some broken desk left behind from other tenants.. etc.  but i loved it and made it my little home... little by little i decorated and added things.. for a while it looked a little like this:







and i bought couches and a tiny table... and then every couple months i would change furniture around... its just fun.  then i met chris and we got married.  i had a very difficult time making room for him.  i had to store a lot at my moms.  he loved that every couple months i would change the furniture and pictures all around.... NOT! haha but he did it with a smile anyway.






then we went crazy and decided to add a child into our tiny home... we moved our bed out to the front room.  moved couches to my moms along with most of my clothes and had a little room left to add the baby.  they just have so much equipment that comes with them.  in the back ground you can see how the apartment has looked these last couple months.






i am sooooo excited to be moving into a home 4 times the size of this apartment, but i'm sad.  sad to leave the home we lived in when i met chris and then we lived in together when we got married and then brought our first child home to.  lots of great memories and fun times.  onto our next adventure of filling a home... which i'm sure i will have no problem doing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment