Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

28-30 weeks...


30 weeks!!! i'm in the home stretch... with 2 months to go.  i'm still really enjoying being pregnant.  this week was a little scary as on monday my blood pressure was elevated and the doctor got a little worried when after resting for a bit it didn't go down very much.  he put me on bed rest for the week and wanted me to come back on wednesday for another bp check.  i was also scheduled to take the glucose test that monday and when i woke up that morning pregnancy brain got the best of me and i had some candy when i got up that morning... oh no... not just any candy... sugar babies... thats right the pure sugar candy.  needless to say my blood sugar test came back a little high.. haha.   the good news was my other blood tests (liver, proteins... etc) were normal meaning at this moment i dont have preclampsia.  i am still on light bed rest and have to go back in on monday for another appointment... hopefully my bp will be normal that monday so i wont have to go in once a week.  i did have to go in thursday this week for the forever long glucose test.  i showed up at 8:30 where they drew my blood and i had to drink the sugar drink, wait an hour, get my blood taken, wait an hour, get my blood taken, wait an hour, get my blood taken.  i had been fasting with no food or water since midnight and needless to say by hour 3 i was feeling very faint and blacked out twice.  the office was so nice though and let me lay down in a room with a tv and they kept bringing me water and what not.  definitely not a test i ever want to do again.  the results came back normal so i do not have gestational diabetes.   some other things i'm experiencing these days:

- i totally can't breathe.  after i eat i'm so cramped that i can't breathe.  when i roll over in bed i can't breathe. needless to say this big boy of mine is taking over my abdomen.
- as proven by the sugar baby incident i have lost my mind and can't remember anything.  i am getting better at writing things down when i first think of them or they are gone.
- the baby is one active little booger moving all the time.  especially being on bed rest he is dancing around like crazy.  not walking around and rocking him to sleep he just jumps.  especially when i lay on my side... it feels like he is jumping up and down stretching both sides of my body.
- my face has finally cleared up and i'm not breaking out anymore.
-i'm a little baffled at the idea that i still have 2 months and my belly is going to stick out that much further... 
- i'm seeing my first signs of stretch marks but they dont look too bad so far.
- my hair is dry which is amazing for a girl who always had greasy hair. its nice to not have to wash my hair 3 or 4 days at a time! way better than every other day.

we haven't and probably wont settle on a name till our little buddy shows his face, but here are the names we are seriously considering:

henry
andrew
daniel
joseph

we shall see.  as last time i will leave you with another silly photo shoot by chris.... he gets a little carried away with the camera



1 comment:

  1. You look darling! So happy that you're enjoying being pregnant. The names are all great. Now go eat some Sugar Babies...ha ha.

    ReplyDelete